International Law in the Sacramento, CA Area
The Law Offices of Tyler Q. Dahl represents small to mid-sized U.S. companies, international companies, and industry associations in disputes and challenges involving global trade, investment, policy, regulatory matters, and related areas of international law.
International Law and Compliance
Principal attorney Tyler Q. Dahl focuses on facilitating international transactions by completing due diligence, researching and resolving liability issues, securing required regulatory authorizations, and drafting detailed choice of law, choice of forum, and arbitration clauses for transactions involving parties from around the world.
Mr. Dahl has extensive experience studying and working abroad in the legal field in countries such as Guatemala, Mexico, Uruguay, and Spain. Consequently, he has a deep knowledge of civil and international law in addition to common law.
Clients We Represent
Our international practice focuses on representation involving the following:
- Arbitration institutions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), American Arbitration Association (AAA), and World Intellectual Property Association (WIPO)
- Mediation in U.S. state/federal courts
- Trade and investment restrictions in various U.S.-Latin American treaties, such as the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA-DR) and the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA)
- Consulting with both local and foreign companies in structuring their operations to take full advantage of the various regional trade agreements and regulations that might impact operations
- Advising importers on the requirements of customs laws in the U.S. and many Latin American countries, including NAFTA, CAFTA, and Mercosur customs provisions
- Advising exporters on compliance with U.S. and Latin American export licensing, embargo, and trade sanctions regulations
- Both domestic producers (petitioners) and foreign producers (respondents) in trade investigations
In addition to these specific practice areas, our firm has an extensive network of international and foreign attorneys to assist with any legal matter that may arise, including consultants from Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador, Uruguay, Spain, and Italy. Tyler Q. Dahl is a fluent Spanish speaker and a seasoned international traveler with an outstanding knowledge and awareness of foreign politics and culture, which brings a truly global perspective to his legal representation.
If you need representation for one of the scenarios described above or another area of international law, reach out to schedule a consultation or call us directly at (916) 545-2790 today.